Focus Counselling Services Drop-In Center is a place where people in many different stages of Substance Use Disorder attend regularly.
No Alcohol or drug use is allowed on the premises. Clients are encouraged to participate in the services and programs offered; thus breaking the cycle of their addictive behavior which can often lead to treatment and long term recovery.
Focus “safe environment” ensures that those with Substance Use Disorder and those with those with a history of Alcohol or Drug use routinely have a voice. Focus staff affirms that the clients themselves are the primary agents of change and their recovery, we seek to empower clients to support each other in achieving a recovery oriented lifestyle.
Summary of Objectives of the Drop-In Center
- Alcohol and Drug free environment.
- Access to showers
- Gain access to counselling without an appointment.
- Begin the process of recovery through friendship, being a part of and accepted.
- Receive education on the effects of mind altering chemicals.
- Obtain support for everyday challenges (e.g. addiction, work, hygiene, social and family issues).
- Obtain nutrition i.e. breakfast and lunch.
- Receive Life skills training, e.g. job interviewing, resume development, basic computer skills, money management and community activities.
- Obtain referral to other agencies for services we are unable to provide. e.g. Financial Assistance, Detoxification, Healthcare, etc.
Monday through Friday – 8:00 am till 4:30 pm, Closed on Saturday and Sunday.
Individual Counselling – Available on a first come first served basis.
Breakfast – 8:00 am – 10:00 am (Showers)
Morning Group – 10:30 am – 12:00 pm
Lunch – 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm (Showers)
Afternoon Group – 1:30 – 3:00 pm
3:00 pm – 4:00 pm (Showers)